#SoulFoodList When I need love, affection, or adoration, I get this from: Helping other people and seeing them shine When I need attention or to feel special, I like: Being told I've done a great job. When I need peace or serenity, I'm in my happy place: drifting off to sleep on the porch of a hiking hut in the wilderness, listening to the dusk bird call or a babbling stream. When I need happiness or excitement, I get off on: Smashing out a PB deadlift or an impossible hiking day When I need thrill, adventure, pleasure, I like: driving fast but in control (and legally!) on a twisty road. When I need any or all the feels (or a good cry), I can: Listen to dire straits or the eurovision fire saga soundtrack. But I don't so much do feels.
The term "intuitive eating" was coined by Ms. Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch, dietitians that were tired of hearing about dieting. They outlined 10 principles to help guide people create a healthier mind body-food relationship: Reject the diet mentality Honor your hunger Make peace with food v Challenge the food police V Respect your fullness V Discover the satisfaction factor V Honor your feelings without using food TO Respect your body V Exercise - feel the difference V Honor your health In our opinion, we can save the nitty gritty details of those principles for now and hone in on 2 key words in the definition of intuitive eating 1. Honoring R-E-S-P-E-C-T, sing it, sing, sing, sing. Respecting what your body wants and needs. You are honoring your body when you are listening to its needs (not "giving in", like diet culture would have you believe) - sometimes it needs a treat. 2. Trusting This means believing that what your body is communicating is truth. Like if y...
When I'm at home with nothing to do And I'm bored and frustrated, maybe a little tired and unmotivated Then instead of reading social media and snacking I will go for a 5 min walk to clear my head, and do one task off the Trello board.
Comments
Post a Comment