intuition
First -- intuition isn't like a light switch!
You can't just turn it on and expect it to light up your whole life immediately. Intuition is more like stoking a fire. It takes some time and energy to build up those flames, but then, that light will keep burning brightly.
Second, intuition isn't universal.
Let's throw back to the 4 Pillars of Health (we know you remember those, right? Nutrition, Exercise, Sleep, Stress.) You might be a superhero when it comes to your intuitive eating, but your eating intuition is different than your intuition for the other pillars, so that doesn't mean you'll be a very intuitive sleeper, or an intuitive exerciser. You've got to stoke the fire in each area of your life to get those lights burning.
It's time to create YBP: Intuition Edition.
Your new YBP will encompass all four pillars of health, and help you create that roadmap of what you'd like your future, post-Noom reality to look like. Ready?
My Nutrition Big Picture: Ask yourself what you want your relationship with food to look like? How do I want to see food?
I want to naturally eat the right things without thinking about it. To retrain my tastebuds so they savour quality over cheap fat and sugar. To know when to stop, to be able to sit back and consider my true satiety.
My Physical Activity Big Picture: Think about what you want your relationship with movement to look like. How do you want activity to play a role in your life?
I want to be fit and healthy enough to do all the things I want to. That means hard multi day tramps whenever someone suggests them to me. I'm realistic enough to know that my self motivation isn't there so I need Quentin the PT to keep me accountable.
My goal for 2021 is to run several half marathons.
My Sleep Big Picture: What do you want your relationship with rest to look like? How do you want to honor your body?
I want a good sleep routine and most of the time to go to bed at the same time and get up at the same time. I've got this fairly nailed as long as I have access to boring podcasts and don't get distracted with my phone.
My Stress Big Picture: Ask yourself what you want your relationship with stress to look like? How do you want to cope?
When I'm stressed, I procrastinate and delay and withdraw. I need to manage this by seeing these signs and responding by breaking tasks down into small bites I can achieve, and then just doing them, 25 min at a time.
Next step? Take your shiny new YBP and write it down. That's right: manual labor. You actually have to write it out by hand. Put it in your journal or write it on a post it note, and stick it to your bathroom mirror or hang it up at work for the days when you need a little extra push. Once you have it written down for yourself, go the extra mile and share it with your group! #Accountability, right?
Comments
Post a Comment